Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More ecobollox

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 08:18:03 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Domestic meters are designed to read true power (kVAh meters do/did
exists for industrial environments where the billing was sometimes done
by the VA-h rather than a W-h).

Care to expand that for this bear of little brain when it comes to AC
power measurement and power factors.

A capacitor is all that's needed to fix the PF on an inductive load.

Aye, that bit I do know. Has any one opened up a savaplug to find out what
is inside? I suspect not much more than a capacitor...

a sizeable PCB incuding a triac. If I find it I could post a photo.

NT