Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing Render

In article ,
writes:
One of the walls has got very damp internally and I suspect it's
because of cracked render on the outside. I'm getting the render
repair but was wondering if it's worth hacking off the blown render
and leaving the bricks exposed, as hopefully we'll be getting some
decent weather but at least letting the bricks breathe a bit?

Yes, if the render was a later addition.
If the wall was originally rendered, then you might find the
brickwork/blockwork underneath isn't very suitable for direct
exposure, depending on the type and age of construction, although
if it's already very damp to start with, you've probably nothing
to lose.

--
Andrew Gabriel