Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dead Drill

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I'm curious what role this has for you. I have a chunky combi cordless
(or use the impact driver with wood augers) - or an sds with an
interchangeable 3-jaw chuck (which rarely gets used, only for really
heavy timber drilling like holesaws) - I don't have a role for a mid-
size corded drill.

Things like drilling out a door for a mortice lock. That will kill a
cordless in short order.

I wish you had said that earlier.. I used my cordless to do a mortice
lock a couple of months ago.

I meant kill the battery if that wasn't clear.

I used it to put a 110 mm core drill through the wall of a Smiths house
in November and it only took three batteries. (I would have used my SDS
drill if I had known for certain that it had a clutch but I didn't
fancy a broken wrist)

Doubt many could be bothered waiting for the battery to re-charge. Or have
three.

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.