Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:34:05 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

I seem to recall 30kV per centimetre between pointed electrodes from way
way back. Don't know if this is correct or my memory has gone out of
calibration over the years!

Others have come up with broadly similar figures, so your memory is OK.
B-)

So even though he's walking along with his head about 6" from the wire
he's not likely to get zapped. His mistake was raising his hand and
attempting to hold the wire, presumably to maintain his balance.

--
Cheers
Dave.