Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Heath-Zenith Wireless doorbells are garbage - Followup

On 06 Jun 2009 20:12:15 GMT, since67 master_at_josephstreetrecords_dot_com@fo wrote:

I have to show the current heath/Zenith a little love. I have the exact
same model of chime, bought in mid 2008, and it worked, but would sometime
start ringing incessantly - couldn't stop it! The battery does not seat
well inthe pushbutton compartment but I could not get it to work properly,
consistently. so I found Heath onthe web, they have a toll free, and
got through after a little waiting and one or two hang-ups. But the
person who I eventually talked to just took the date code and sent me a

That would mean something if the transmitters weren't such crap.

I've now gotten in the habbit of buying a new unit, swapping out the
button inerds, and returning it. Home depot doesn't care, heath
gets to repackage it with a new ten cent circuit board and still
show a ten thousand percent profit.

If they were capable of outlasting the batteries in the packaging,
I might feel a little guilt over the practice. So far of the last three,
none have outlasted the batteries and none have lasted a whole year.

I should be charging them for the hassle.