Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
since67 since67 is offline

Default Heath-Zenith Wireless doorbells are garbage - Followup

since67 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...up-123912-.htm
:

wrote:

Somehow TODAY companies like Ramsey put out nice kilts, at affordable
prices.

Dont know if Ramsey is a US company?

-------------------------------------

I have to show the current heath/Zenith a little love. I have the exact
same model of chime, bought in mid 2008, and it worked, but would sometime
start ringing incessantly - couldn't stop it! The battery does not seat
well inthe pushbutton compartment but I could not get it to work properly,
consistently. so I found Heath onthe web, they have a toll free, and
got through after a little waiting and one or two hang-ups. But the
person who I eventually talked to just took the date code and sent me a
new push-button (SL-6190-B), no questions asked, no charge, and it's been
working nicely for two weeks so far. It's the same button, but they
changed the way the battery sits in this button, AND, the push-button
action works better in this one, which may have been the main problem with
the previous. So, in this case, Heath stood behind their product.
Woo-Hoo!!

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
alt.home.repair,misc.consumers - messages and counting!