GTO69RA4

Default Brake problem with New Dewalt DW983 Drill

Kind of a bang or clank? It's not a problem. The chuck auto-locking feature
starts to engage as the drill is brought to a stop by the brake. Greasing the
mechanism would probably make it more gentle.

GTO(John)

I purchase a Dewalt DW983 Drill.

When the trigger was released quickly & the brake kicked in, it made a loud
metal to metal sound. Mostly in 2nd & 3rd gear.

I returned the drill and the replacement does the same thing.

Did I get two defective drills or is this a problem with this model drill.