Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default OT Stereotypes of "liberals" vs "conservatives"

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 18:27:38 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote:

The basic storyline was originally from or at least attributed to
George
Bernard Shaw, reportedly from a real encounter with a woman sitting
next
to him at a dinner party:

There is also a version that attributes the story to Disreali and the
Queen.

I've always associated the story with Oscar Wilde, but that may have
more to do with my impression of him than the actual source.

One about Truman Capote that is probably also to good to be true.

At the height of his fame, a lady spotted him in a restaurant, rushed
over and asked him to autograph her breast. Capote did so. Her
husband, incensed, strode over, took out his penis and suggested
Capote might like to autograph that too.

“Well,” responded Capote, “perhaps I could initial it...”

--
Ned Simmons