Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Cutting aluminum plate

Thin kerf, 24 tooth carbide import quality blade. Some carbide teeth are
gone, some are completely battered back (~30 negative rake), some ok.
Completely trashed blade.

The only reason I could see to buy an Evolution saw is to get the 9"
blade version. The worm drive Skill I'm using is a heavier duty than the
smaller Evolution saw plus an extra 3/8" cutting depth.

DanG wrote:
I've not ever experienced loss of any teeth. Are you sure they
are not just galled with a blob of aluminum? I'm sure there is a
much more technical term for this phenomenon. The wax stick helps
to prevent the aluminum from sticking to the teeth. Regular
carbide blades ( the fewer teeth the better in my experience) on
chop or table saw work very well. The cuts are prone to burr and
"saw tracks" and will require some clean up.

A Morse, Tenryu, or DML type blade will let you cut steel,
aluminum, wood. Wood is probably the hardest on them. They work
much better than the non ferrous blades in my experience. A
regular wood cutting ATB carbide works better than the non ferrous
that I bought.

http://www.metaldevil.com/
couple this with an Evolution saw if you are planning on a lot of
this.
http://www.medfordtools.com/evolution/index.html