Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine with a bad habit

Rob G wrote:
On 6 June, 15:29, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
john royce wrote:
Our washing machine an AEG 'OKO' Lavamat 610 is quite a few years
old and works fine apart from suddenly taking a liking to chewing
up and tearing the ends of some tea shirts.

Tea shirts? Shirts you wear whilst drinking tea?

Anywho, from your use of 'our' I assume a person of the female
persuasion is present? If so, it could well be one of the wires that
go under the cup of a bra.

If one comes loose during a wash it gets between the two drums and
during a wash cycle manages to poke out of one of the holes in the
inner drum, attack tee shirts, then hides back inside the drum in a
cowardly manner.

Having a wife & two daughters this was a frequent occurance in
Handyman Mansions until I made SWMBO wash bras in a net bag.

Try spinning the empty drum & listening, you might hear it. With
luck it might be poking up. Empty out the filter, it may have found
its way there. Failing that, front off machine, door gasket off &
poke obout between the drums.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

"Handyman Mansions" ? Oh come now Dave - "Handyman Towers" would
sound convincingly better.

I decided to move up market :-) Sounds too much like Fawlty Towers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk