Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Vertex water heater source?

On Jun 5, 11:54�pm, Big_Jake wrote:
Vertex is 96% efficency.

guarantee 6 years.

odd people installing insulation stated tax credit is only on
materials cost

I don't know how "odd" they were, but brief poking around the web
seems to indicate that they are right. �But, in the case of water
heaters (and furnaces, heat pumps, and AC) the credit is based on the
installed cost, probably because your plumber or HVAC installer has no
desire to share the cost of the equipment with you.

JK

Well thats great news

I would replace my existing 75,000 BTU 50 gallon tank with a 75 gallon
75,000 BTU one since the 50 gallon doesnt appear to be available
anymore.......

This tank is about 900 bucks. and requires a chimney, and mine is bad:
(

my cost of $2,200 for the vertex less 30% tax break $660 about 1600
bucks cheaper than rebuilding the chimney at this time muchmore
efficent and stops sending pre heated room air up chimney 24/7