Silvan

Default What hardwood for jig runners?

wrote:

Does it really just not make any difference? As long as it is some kind of
wood that's been milled from a tree, it doesn't matter?

It probably matters some, but not much. I used poplar for all of mine
because that's what I had. I gave them a coat of Johnson's wax.

I'm sure they won't last forever, but I'm hoping to replace the table saw in
the next several years anyway.

It's not like three passes through the slot turn them to mush or anything
either. I've used my crosscut sled a bajillion times, and it's fine. The
fact that my table is aluminum might mitigate the wear issue somewhat.

I have no idea. I figure if I wear them out before I get a new saw, I can
make new ones, so it's no big deal.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/