Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stipple a Ceiling

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:37:15 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
I'd appreciate if anyone can show me a link on how to stipple a
ceiling. A video would be great. I have new unpainted green
wallboard on the ceiling. Should primer be applied before stippling?
Do I have to buy a special applicator? This is a ceiling in a small
bathroom. Thanks.

If what you are calling stipple is what I call stipple this is real easy.
Thin out some drywall mud with latex primer to the consistency of
mayonnaise, then roll it on with a fine nap roller. When dry overcoat with
another coat of latex primer and then you are good to paint.

If you do not get a big enough stipple thicken with more mud, or use a
thicker nap roller. I got real good results with the 1/4"nap when I re-did
the sheet rock in my bathroom.

Thanks. This is the first I heard of mixing primer with drywall mud,
but it makes good sense.

I recently viewed a U-Tube video of two drywall men. One was putting
on the thinned mud on the ceiling with a roller and the other was
pouncing a round brush against the ceiling. Looks like fun but I will
need some large plastic sheets and duct tape to contain the mess.