Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default smoking light bulbs

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

"Let one woman dress you and you will be outfitted to please all
women."

About 10 years ago I thought it was time to move beyond the blue jeans
and t-shirt phase, since I was approaching middle age.

So, I asked three women friends (all of whom I had dated at one time
or another) for fashion advice. I'll call them Julie, Becky, and
Rachel.

In the span of a week, I talked to each of them in turn, and I swear
the comments I got started out like this in each case:

Julie: "Whatever you do, don't ask Becky for advice. She doesn't know
how to dress herself."

Becky: "Whatever you do, don't ask Rachel for advice. She doesn't know
how to dress herself."

Rachel: "Whatever you do, don't ask Julie for advice. She doesn't know
how to dress herself."

But I'll bet you got the exact same advice from each on how to dress YOU.

That's a good point, as far as the fallacy of my logic in response to
Malloy's claim. However, in my case, you lose the bet. Interestingly,
the one of the three whose own clothing style least appealed to me is
the one who advocated clothes for me that I didn't like. To the limited
extent that I tried her suggestions, I found that other women didn't
agree with her choices for me, either.