Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Testing solenoid/starting circuit???

On Jun 5, 1:37�am, Smitty Two wrote:

Neither of your links took me anywhere useful. The first link took me to
a model search page, the second link took me to a password reset page.

I don't quite understand this question. Can you rephrase it?

is way to test if solenoid isn't operating might be issue?

Are you asking how to test a solenoid, or whether a faulty solenoid
could cause the symptoms, or what?-

Testing a solenoid is pretty straight forward. I'll try to explain
it.......You will either have a 3 wire ( 2 big cable and 1 little
wire), or a 4 wire ( 2 big cables and 2 little ones). If it is a 3
wire.....the small wire should have 12 volts going to it when you turn
the ignition switch to START. The ground part is thru the bracket, so
make sure it is getting good contact to the frame/engine.
The four wire (probably the one you have)..........one of the small
wires will have 12v going to it when the key is turned to the START
position, or maybe a wire that runs form the battery/big cable, and
the other is going to ground via a series of safety switches. If you
ground that wire, the solenoid will activate and the engine will turn
over if the solenoid is good. Again, assuming there are not other
issues.

Hank