Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rodney Pont[_3_] Rodney Pont[_3_] is offline

Default Seeking an explanation or theory

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 07:18:57 -0500, Ken wrote:

I admit that I do not have a problem, but a curiosity. One thing that
puzzles me however is the failure of the manual reset I wired in to
reset the logic during the failure I described. One would have thought
if anything were being read from the bios, that the +5 volts would need
to be up. If the +5 were up, then the reset would have also worked.
This is why I doubt that the wake by LAN or any bios setting could
account for the power starting and stopping every 1/2 second. I don't
think the +5 ever reaches that level. In fact I tend to believe the
standby voltage is also not up to an adequate level.

I shouldn't think it was getting up to read the BIOS or see the reset
switch. It would be the psu that's doing the shut down due to overload
and nothing to do with the bios.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont