Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Entertainment Center

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:8a4Wl.346$tr5.87
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

"Puckdropper" wrote:

The miters are actually there more for the aesthetics than strength.
was just going to use standard butt joints on inner frame, but might
try
box joints if I have enough material.

Personally I like the aesthetics of a good box joint over a miter.

Even with a good sled, miters are a PITA to get and keep aligned
without biscuits, IMHO, but to each his own.

BTW, a half lap for the inner frame might be nice.

Have fun.

Lew

I'll have to try some of the joinery with some pineywood and see how it
works out. I'll probably stick to miters on the outside corner as I'm
trying to keep a fairly simple look.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking