Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Entertainment Center

"Upscale" wrote in
:

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
A new LCD TV might have some heat issues, but probably will have a
gap around it on three sides. If that's not enough, a PC style
cooling fan could be rigged up to provide quiet active cooling. (I
have a computer next to the TV; power wouldn't be a problem.)

On the plus side, most of the heat emanated from the LCD screen, so it
would face forwards out front. While there was some heat behind my LCD
TV, it wasn't nearly as much as in the front.

I retrofitted my most of my entertainment centre this past winter
going from a CRT TV to the current LCD TV. I'm currently in the throes
of figuring out what to do with the heat coming from the massive
Yamaha RXV3800 surround sound receiver I added. I've got to do
something because the shelving around it is jammed with electronics
and heat will be an issue. I'm considering some type of fan with 6"
tubing to remove heat, but I've been warned about static buildup, so
I'll have to jury rig something around that. I've posted an image of
my unit it ABPW.

The EC upstairs is very similar. The surround sound reciever does put
out a bunch of heat, and has about 4" of head room above it. The cabinet
still gets quite warm, though.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking