Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More ecobollox

Stephen Howard wrote:
On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:52:36 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
snip
What you really are trying to do is tune the motor for enough starting
torque to start, and efficiency when running.

These are to an extent in contradiction, so scope for better efficiency
probably exists.

However I am dubious than any 'one size fits all' box is likely to be
the best resolution: what is more needed is proper electronic control
built into they fridge.

However as with most ecobollox, the savings are really small compared
with e.g. Not using te car *every* day etc etc.

So in the end its just another sop to green conscience that doesnt
affect overall consumption that much anyway.

I suspect that any savings such a device may have given may be just as
easily gained by simpler and more practical means - such as decanting
milk into a jug kept by the kettle to save opening the fridge every
time a cuppa is brewed, or buying a decent fridge thermometer and
setting the fridge with greater accuracy.

Or resiting the fridge a bit further from th ecooker or CH boiler..

Regards,