Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Urgent Blocked drain

Exhausted wrote:
Colin Wilson wrote:
any others, as not a lot of these are workable due to the caustic
soda

Tell your missus to pay for the a call from a drain company...

It might be worth investing in a set of drain rods with a spiral so
you can hack away at the blockage from downstream.

You really will have to be careful as regards the caustic soda
though, as I believe the blockage can be prone to clearing quite
quickly once breached. Goggles would be advisable as a minimum
anyway at a guess !

trouble is the fat appears to be at the top of the ubend, so access
from the man hole end will not touch it(i.e just below the pipe, and
from the drain end its quite a route through caustic soda,

Problem is keeping the caustic in contact with the blockage. I have a
similar situation at home & have used a kids plastic football propped with a
brick to block the pipe in the inspection chamber. That allows you to fill
the u bend & pipe with the stuff & leave to work.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk