Posted to uk.d-i-y
Exhausted Exhausted is offline

Default Urgent Blocked drain

Clive George wrote:
"Exhausted" wrote in message

trouble is the fat appears to be at the top of the ubend, so access from
the man hole end will not touch it(i.e just below the pipe, and from the
drain end its quite a route through caustic soda,

Heat is good.

Getting rid of all that caustic soda is another good idea - shoving 1KG of
it in there was a _really_ bad idea, but with any luck you know that now.

I'd be getting a hose with warm water down there. Flush the nasty caustic
stuff out, and be careful about it.

Here's another really bad idea - brick acid. Will react with the caustic
soda and get very hot, and start splashing horrible nasty stuff all over the
place. OTOH if you're insanely careful, it might work - the heat could melt
the fat. But don't slosh it in like you did with the caustic - use tiny
quantities, otherwise you _will_ end up in hospital with horrific burns and
no sight. Should I mention that this is a really bad idea and should only be
attempted if you're prepared to be properly careful in the way you haven't
been so far?

Clive, sorry forgot to mention i would live to flush the caustic soda
away , but i can't the drain is blocked, To be fair though the mixing
ration of the caustic soda was 1KG to 10 L of water, so i don't believe
i was too over the top ( well ok just a little)