Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Cutting and extending alarm cable problem

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
Vet Tech wrote:
If you had read the OP correctly, you would have learned that the
battery was disconnected and that the sounder was getting power from
a capacitor. The capacitor is there to provide power if some one cuts
the wires or otherwise tampers with the system. Tell you what,come
round and put your fingers on the contacts of the capacitor and you
soon learn what it does.

Err, I doubt it. Unlikely to be more than a couple of volts.

--
*I pretend to work. - they pretend to pay me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I would not like to touch the stobe light connections when stood at the top
of a ladder!

The capacitor on it's own would not bother me.

Adam