Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default How to build a raised garden

wrote in
:

I live in Michigan and want to construct a raised garden in only
location in yard where I get enough sun. this will be about 500 sq ft
area. Need to raise because of poor drainage. I picked up some treated
2x10's for this project, and some 4x4's I was planning to cement into
ground and nail together. My neighbor advised me that frost would
likely force the cemented 4x4 posts up. He said to use crushed rock
and not cement. any advise appreciated.

Stop Rube Goldberg'ing it. Just whack the top of a white trash trailer
(must be on axels for raised bed) to let sun in and toss in some seeds.
Plenty of dirt inside.