Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

On Jun 4, 5:24*pm, "HLS" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

I got a new diaphragm, but looking at the old diaphragm, it looks to
be intact and in good shape. The material still seems pliable, I held
it up to a light and can't find any breaks in it, including where the
choke plate rod is attached.

##### Look... When this sort of thing happens, most of us want to fix it,
not to analyze it. *

I wouldn't think the two would be mutually exclusive.

#### You must like to work on these engines.

To me there's a recreational aspect to it, absolutely.

I normally keep one or two of the diaphragms around. * But I wouldnt put an
old
one back in for anything. *It is a waste of time to fiddlefart with this

I don't like tossing out perfectly good parts and if I can get more
lifespan out of a part I'm all for it. Learning something and
troubleshooting are also part of the goal. If I just slap a bunch of
pieces on, even if it works I don't really learn what was causing the
problem.