Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

The longer one pumps too much gas. The flow of gas keeps a
small basin (in the fuel tank) full. The short tube supplies
the gas to the carb. By keeping the small basin (at top of
the tank) full, the engine always has the same distance of
lift for the fuel, even when the tank is nearly empty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"muzician21" wrote in message
I got a new diaphragm, but looking at the old diaphragm, it
looks to
be intact and in good shape. The material still seems
pliable, I held
it up to a light and can't find any breaks in it, including
where the
choke plate rod is attached.

The longer of the two pickup tubes had a fair amount of crud
on the
screen, which I've cleaned off. Gonna put it back together
with the
old diaphragm and see if it starts any easier with that
pickup cleaned
off. If it does, I'll store the new diaphragm in the
refrigerator for
future use.

And why are there two pickup tubes and why are they
different lengths?