Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech
Steve[_5_] Steve[_5_] is offline

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:48:34 -0700 (PDT), muzician21
wrote:

On May 24, 9:57 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Please let us know how things work out. If you get it going,
or not. Either way, please write again. That way, we can
learn also.

I tried pouring about a tablespoon or so of gas in the carb before
starting and it fired up immediately, much easier to pull than I ever
recall it being. Couldn't believe how silky smooth it started.
Apparently not a thing wrong with the solid state ignition. Apparently
it's the cold fuel delivery issue. Looking into a replacement
diaphragm for it.

Anyone have a suggestion for online parts houses for older B&S stuff?

The model on this carb is 092908 0571 01. One of the local places that
carries Snapper had a listing for 092908 0571 99 which going by the
exploded line drawings on his system looks to be the same carb.

Check here for a starting place.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/buy/

A local shop might just have the parts you need.

Also:

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/sma...ines_index.cfm