Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default Standard Incandescent vs. Halogen Lumens Output

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 05:48:57 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I want to use a medium base halogen light bulb where I have previously used
both a standard incandescent as well as a CFL. The size restriction of the
fixture dictates that the envelope be no larger than a 60 watt incandescent
bulb. I believe the recommended maximum wattage is also listed as 60 watts.

I need more light from this fixture. Is there a chart or "rule of thumb"
comparing the light output in lumens of regular incandescent and halogen
bulbs? I've tried using Google, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking
for.

TIA

Go to Graingers. They have the details for each bulb:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...d=Light%2BBulb