DLGlos

Default Fuming it is! *PIC*

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:35:42 GMT, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

Wow, that sure looks purty. Wish I had known about that trick a week
ago. Made up a little holder panel on base (looks kinda like a book
stand, except the back is more vertical) for a bookshelf stereo
system. The system looked fine without it, but the cat found a way to
send the pieces crashing to the floor. Tain't no way she will be able
to do the same now.

Point is, made it from a nicely figured piece of cherry (approximately
12"x27"x1/2") the father-in-law gave me. Would have looked real nice
with that deep red-orange glow that only old cherry seems to posses.

Have an old cherry gate leg table and corner cupboard, both well over
100 years old, that just glow. The table has 2 boards that are
approximately 22" wide. Nice to find a way to impart that glow in my
lifetime.

DLG

Dear All,

Well thanks to Mr. Owen Shim and others, it looks like I am going to fume my
little cherry clock with ammonia.

Here is what my test piece looks like set beside the clock,

http://members.rogers.com/moreweb/images/fume1.jpg

I compared it to a cherry table I made about 20 years ago, and it is even
darker than the table. Fuming seems to make the cherry look as old as it
ever will in just a few days of exposure.

I like it and I will keep everyone posted on how things are coming,

David.