Posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,rec.autos.tech

Default Hard starting Briggs & Stratton 3.0 hp lawnmower engine

Since the engine starts on a splash of gas, that suggests
choke problems, or bad gasket between the carb and the
engine. I've worked on a couple of motors which had NO
gasket between the carb and the engine. The outside air
comes in through the space, and the choke doesn't work
properly.

Been a while since I ordered any Briggs parts, I don't know
of any online places.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"muzician21" wrote in message
On May 24, 9:57 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Please let us know how things work out. If you get it
going,
or not. Either way, please write again. That way, we can
learn also.

I tried pouring about a tablespoon or so of gas in the carb
before
starting and it fired up immediately, much easier to pull
than I ever
recall it being. Couldn't believe how silky smooth it
started.
Apparently not a thing wrong with the solid state ignition.
Apparently
it's the cold fuel delivery issue. Looking into a
replacement
diaphragm for it.

Anyone have a suggestion for online parts houses for older
B&S stuff?

The model on this carb is 092908 0571 01. One of the local
places that
carries Snapper had a listing for 092908 0571 99 which going
by the
exploded line drawings on his system looks to be the same
carb.