Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Standard Incandescent vs. Halogen Lumens Output

I want to use a medium base halogen light bulb where I have previously used
both a standard incandescent as well as a CFL. The size restriction of
the
fixture dictates that the envelope be no larger than a 60 watt
incandescent
bulb. I believe the recommended maximum wattage is also listed as 60
watts.

I need more light from this fixture. Is there a chart or "rule of thumb"
comparing the light output in lumens of regular incandescent and halogen
bulbs? I've tried using Google, but haven't found exactly what I'm
looking
for.

*The best thing that I have found for comparing lumens, lamp life and
physical dimensions of light bulbs are the catalogs from major lamp
manufacturers such as GE, Sylvania and Philips. Electrical supply companies
sometimes have them to give out, but you can look at the web sites.