Posted to uk.d-i-y
pete pete is offline

Default OT - Birds crashing into windows

On 2009-06-04, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John wrote:
This year I have had several birds kill themselves by flying into our back
windows - I suppose it is a reflection of the sky they see. All have been
the same type (Finch with a yellow area near their tail)

Why is this year the only time in 20 at the same house that I have
encountered this? Lazy cats?

The cats will be along to pick up the carrion and get themselves a bad
name for 'killing the birds'

No need. It's already well known that domestic cats are the principal
cause of songbird death in the UK.

Plus cats already have a bad name for crapping all over other people's
gardens.