Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Standard Incandescent vs. Halogen Lumens Output

On Jun 4, 12:48*am, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:
I want to use a medium base halogen light bulb where I have previously used
both a standard incandescent as well as a CFL. *The size restriction of the
fixture dictates that the envelope be no larger than a 60 watt incandescent
bulb. *I believe the recommended maximum wattage is also listed as 60 watts.

I need more light from this fixture. *Is there a chart or "rule of thumb"
comparing the light output in lumens of regular incandescent and halogen
bulbs? *I've tried using Google, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking
for.

TIA *

--
* *There is nothing like a plate or a bowl of hot soup, it’s wisp of *

For more light use a 25w cfl, it will equal 100w incandesant.