Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

It is a pity really. I would have ben interested if there had been
anything
like the scheme he described under consideration.

Oh. what was that? he's killfiled here so I don't get tempted to get
sucked into a pointless dialogue.

Colin said he wasn't going to revisit this thread so I will try to answer.

IIRC the current point at issue is Dribble's claim: "Cambridge feel
confident. Do a Google" which relates back to his earlier claim that
tidal lagoons occupying 20% of the Irish Sea could provide all of
Ireland's and Britain's energy needs. Dribble is unable to substantiate
the Cambridge connection and I am not at all sure that the source for
the earlier claim has surfaced either (assuming that 2 different sources
are involved).

I've met people like that..they soak up half misunderstood ideas from
all over and regurgitate it all mixed up. There's usually a source
somewhere, but its been bent to suit the prejudices of the babbler, so
far that for all practical purposes its useless.

Dribble to a T. :-)

--
Roger Chapman