Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Standard Incandescent vs. Halogen Lumens Output

I want to use a medium base halogen light bulb where I have previously used
both a standard incandescent as well as a CFL. The size restriction of the
fixture dictates that the envelope be no larger than a 60 watt incandescent
bulb. I believe the recommended maximum wattage is also listed as 60 watts.

I need more light from this fixture. Is there a chart or "rule of thumb"
comparing the light output in lumens of regular incandescent and halogen
bulbs? I've tried using Google, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking
for.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
There is nothing like a plate or a bowl of hot soup, it’s wisp of