Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Allan Allan is offline

Default Thin kerf hole saw?

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:27:22 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

I have/had sets like this, lite duty. Just measured some loose pieces, the
thinnest is .050, from Lennox, 1.5".
Also Starrett, and I think Blue Moly. I think I have seen Milwaukee hole
saws .050, as well.

You might try a place like Garrett Wade woodworking in NYC, or maybe
Constantines, who used to be in Bronx, NY, but is now in Florida, iirc.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Someone with a surface grinder and spin fixture should be able to thin these
down pretty quick. Poss. even a lathe, with a carbide tool. You'll proly
lose some kerf clearance, but for shallow cuts it shouldn't be a big
problem.

Or I considered spinning them and holding them to the belt sander
for a while to thin them down... Surface grinder'd do it nice
though...