Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting aluminum plate

Good shot Errol - reminds me of my Electronics Shop years ago -
when building a dozen projects and having dozens of questions.

Martin

Errol Groff wrote:
On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:02:31 -0500, RoyJ
wrote:

we just acquired a PILE of 1" to 3" aluminum plate drops from a local
manufacturer. What we really need is a selection of project pieces in
the 1"x 1" to 3" x 3" range. No particular sizes, just stuff than can
stay on the shelf, get cut to length and tossed in the mill as required.

Thought was to rip them using a Skill 77 worm drive. Anyone got some
recommendations for the perfect blade or other thoughts on how to get
them cut down?

OTOH: my local aluminum supplier has this nice 12"x10 FOOT cutoff saw
but I doubt they would be interested in running it on our stuff. Oh well

I made a short video of cutting AL with a skill saw.

http://neme-s.org/Video/

Errol Groff