Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default varnish

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:51:48 -0400, cj wrote:

a few weeks back i asked this newsgroup about staining a front
door.well, that part of the job is done(turned out well) and now it is
time to put a protective coating on it. i am planning on using a spar
varnish and i have a few questions...shout i lightly sand the door( with
steel wool?) and would it be better to take the door down and apply the
varnish to door whilst flat? more that one coat?

any tips or advice would be appreciated
thanks, cj

I would use sandpaper. I would also read the
recommendations/instructions that come with the varnish and follow
them.