Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default HF Multimaster

-MIKE- wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:
had that happen more than once. Fein recognized the problem and
changed the blade mount on the second or third generation to one
that is star shaped. There is an adapter that has carbide teeth on
the back to bite into the platen and prevent such loosening when
using newer blades......
I'm surprised the shaft is not keyed in some way. A couple of
opposing parallel flats on the shaft end with similarly keyed blades
and washer or cupped washer would seem a simple solution.

nb
I'd say a stupid simple solution! But Nooooooooo Idiots designing
tools that never use them.

Flats wouldn't work--they'd lock you into a single blade orientation.
That's why the star, it allows a range of blade orientations.

Used mine, today, to cut 2x4's flush to another 2x.
No loosening.

Dang did the same thing today and used a power planner. Should have use the
Multi tool,damn. I have to remember all this thing does!!!

I looked at it and thought of drilling a hole in the round part that
receives the blade, Then sticking a pressure pin in there to line up
with the holes in the blades. (The Dremel's have a lot of them, evenly
spaced, 360 degrees.)

Just an idea.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX