Posted to rec.woodworking

Default junk

"basilisk" wrote:

Most of my fishing these days is with a small ultralight and 4 lb
test
line for bluegill, I've become something of a bluegill addict.

My family has a 5 acre lake that has to have 100+ lbs of bluegill
and shellcrackers gotten out of it every year, as onerous as it is I
have reluctantly accepted the job. G.

As a young kid would go fishing in a potato farmer's pond where the
blue gills did abound.

Would take a 5 gallon milk can and fill it with the day's catch, the
drive over to the local creek and release them.

Wanted to release a few bass in that pond to "cull the herd" so to
speak, but never caught the bass.

Still have a picture some place of me with a 16 OZ blue gill I caught
from that pond on Memorial Day, 1948.

Caught him on light tackle and it was a struggle.

Wasn't sure if I had caught a fish, a turtle, or snagged a tree for a
while.

My dad almost crapped his pants watching me trying to land that fish.

Lew