Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Groh Charlie Groh is offline

Default HF Multimaster

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:01:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jun 1, 9:35*pm, TD Driver wrote
Multimaster? *Not.

Any tips from any of you guys who went for the same deal?

Larry

Larry

IME HFT are great about returns. Take it back, get your money or try a
replacement unit. Low mfg tolerances may be the reason they sell a
high number of duds in this design or it could be they don't have a
good design.

....and the low price affects *all* of this, eh?

I would take it back for an exchange if I thought it was
a matter of tolerances or similar and for money back if I determined
it was a poor design.

....so, you buy a knockoff tool for a *much* lower price than you know
the original to sell for. Then take it home and use it until
frustration sets in; and the realization that maybe it doesn't work
all that well. Then take it back and ask for a refund. What a waste
of time...and, of course, there's no ethical question here, either...

cg