Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann bill allemann is offline

Default source for design info on custom closets

I'm looking to design and build a unit along the wall of a walk-in closet,
the usual clothes hanging bars with a few shelves, etc.
I want to just draw this up first so I can think out what I want.
I'm trying to find the dimensions that are commonly used for when you have
tow clothes bars one over the other, and that sort of thing.
I could just measure off some of my stuff, I suppose, but I thought like
everything else that's built, there would be some commonly used design
parameters.
I would have thought that would be standard stuff on the DIY websites, but
I've looked through dozens of them, and apparently that info is an intensely
guarded secret.

Anyone know of a source?