Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian Brian is offline

Default How much oil for 2-stroke blower?

wrote in message
I have a 'Weed Eater', GBI 30V blower.

The instruction on the machine says to use 8oz of oil to 1 galllon of
gas. ( which sounds like a LOT of oil to me ) so I downloaded a .pdf
Users Manual, in order to double check that.

It all depends on the oil you use. I have an old Craftsman weedwacker and leaf blower that both call
for a 16:1 mix. Back when I bought these tools there wasn't any synthetic oils around for 2 strokes.
For the last 20 years though I've been using these tools at 40:1 with a synthetic oil with no ill
affect. They both run great and have plenty of power and the nice thing about the 40:1 synthetic is
that it doesn't smoke like an old Ford. Just go buy a 40:1 synthetic blend oil and be done with
it... It's not rocket science !!!