Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Why can't electronics on new washers & dryers be tougher?

Hi!

I have, several times.

* *Dozens of them.

I probably should have qualified this a bit more. I wasn't saying
"this never happens", only that it seems to be rare. And I have seen
at least one where the display quit working, although the oven could
be used anyway. So I didn't count that one. :-)

I've also noticed that other parts of the oven are typically what go
bad first...things like fans, stirrer motors, relays, the odd old
tired fuse and sometimes the magnetron.

William