Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike rock Mike rock is offline

Default foam for edge of flapper door

On Jun 3, 1:51*am, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I'm looking for some sort of foam or sheet rubber material about 0.09
inches thick to use as replacement for the original foam edge seal for
a car AC duct flapper door. *The original is a piece of foam shaped
like an oval, about 3x5 inches and it's sandwiched between *two sheets
of metal that leave about 3/8" of foam sticking out. *It has to be
soft enough to conform when the door closes but strong enough to hold
up for years of cycles. *I've been googling but have not been able to
find anything that seems suitable.

You can go to Lowes or HD and go into the weatherstripping aisle. They
usually have a bunch of weatherstripping for doors and windows in a
bunch of sizes with self-adhesive tape. And you can cut it to whatever
thickness or shape you want. Frost King makes a lot of that stuff.