Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Acetone in keyhole?

On Jun 2, 3:43*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote innews:LpmdnSC4tdRI1rjXnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d@earthlink. com:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message BTW,Deadbolt locks
will not let you lock yourself out.
I never use the doorknob lock,that can lock you out.
And keep a spare key in your wallet.

When we moved to a new house about 4 years ago, in the first month or
two my wife locked herself out about 5 times. *She still does it from
time to time.

if the door would not lock behind her -without the use of a key-,she'd
never get locked out.she would always need a key to lock the door.

I have a garage so I installed an opener with a keypad
and hid a key where she can find it in the garage for the house door.

open garage doors are an easy way for a burglar to enter one's home.
Once in the garage,they can close the garage door and have plenty of time
to work on the inner home door,and not be observed or heard.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"open garage doors are an easy way for a burglar to enter one's
home."

Is this just a random observation?

Ralph said "I have a garage so I installed an opener with a keypad and
hid a key where she can find it in the garage for the house door."

I take that to mean the garage is closed until the wife enters the
code to open it.