Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
sweet sawdust sweet sawdust is offline

Default Awfully Quiet Out Here. Maybe Another Wild Hare Idea?

"charlieb" wrote in message
Sure has gotten quiet in this group.

Been playing with having actual movement in pieces - spring wire,
pendulums, micro-bots and wind up toys. Now I'm working on audience
participation - pieces that have moving parts - and you can move the
whole thing - without touching it.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...opeWalker.html

Wild Hare Idea? Crazy waste of time to pursue it? Too childish?

Cute version of an old idea. That has been around for quite a while and
still amazes me and other children. Most of these are set up as wheels in
some fashion and not having one does give problems of drag on the rope which
hurts operation to some degree. Go for it, its a great idea. Can I steal
your plans for the rope rig? I need some way to display the same sort of
thing and that would be perfect.

With your internal counter balance can you make it tilt forward and backward
as well as side to side, sort of like a drunk? That would be neat visual.