Posted to alt.home.repair
paulaner paulaner is offline

Default reduce sound transmission between interior walls

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 05:26:03 -0500, "mook johnson"
wrote:

Right now, I have two bedrooms that share a wall. One has my 1 year old
light sleeper and the other my 3 year old noise maker (toys that play music
and talk). Also both of these bedrooms share a wall with my living room
where the TV is. To make matters worse I have some hearing damage so I need
the TV a little louder than usual so I can hear what people are saying. Not
blasting loud but I can't turn it down to whisper levels and make out all of
the words.

I think you may spend a bunch of money and find that it only helped a
little. You need hard solid surfaces to soundproof. That's why folks
suggest drywall.

I know these ages can present some difficult sleeping challenges, but
things normally get better over time. It's good to get them accustom
to noises when they go to bed, otherwise you will spend your life
tiptoeing around your house. Kids are really good at falling asleep
when they are tired, regardless of the noises around them.

Take some walks after dinner, go to the park, run around, play. When
you get home do the bedtime ritual, then read to them. Every night.
Kiss them, tell em you love them and turn out the lights. They'll
catch on.