Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default reduce sound transmission between interior walls

On Jun 2, 7:38*am, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 05:26:03 -0500, "mook johnson"
wrote:

Is there a product that can be blown into the walls through small (say
1-2")holes between the studs, in the top sil (non load bearing sil from in
the attic) or the sheetock itself? *I'm thinking of some type of blow-in
insulation to reduce the sound from echoing in the dead space between the
two sheetrock walls

* *A dense foam should help. *Also make sure that you address any
ventilation issues. *If you have a forced or gravity air heating or
cooling system, you will find that those ducts can easily defeat any
sound insulation you add. *You can address those issues, but just be
forewarned that you will likely need that as well. *

* An additional layer of drywall will give you the most bang for the
buck as it is cheap, but it will not be as effective as other
measures.

Hit a piece of foamboard even a foam cooler, sound resonates loudly. I
put foamboard on my house, now when the neighbors walk upstairs it
sounds like they are Inside my home. Certain lower frequencies are
acentuated with foamboard. Drywall and wood dont resonate like foams.