Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much oil for 2-stroke blower?

On Jun 1, 10:09*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Most two cycle engines aren't fussy. If you are using a good
name brand of oil, 4 ounces to a galon of good brand
gasoline runs in everything. Lawn Boy has the own brand of
oil, but that might be just marketing.

More oil will not hurt, except to foul the spark plug
sooner. Less oil risks lubrication failure, and siezing up
the crankshaft to the piston rod. Or other sieze ups. Piston
to wall, that kind of *thing.

Some brands sell 3.2 ounce bottles of oil to mix with a
galon of gas, but I don't trust that lean a mix.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I have a 'Weed Eater', GBI 30V blower.

The instruction on the machine says to use 8oz of oil to 1
galllon of
gas. ( which sounds like a LOT of oil to me ) so I
downloaded a .pdf
Users Manual, in order to double check that.

Unfortunately the manual did not contain that information.

Can you tell me, please if that ' 8oz ' figure is correct?

TIA

Lewis

*****

I've also seen discussions were people have said the whole issue is
driven more by the oils used rather than the engines. The case was
made that years ago, the 2 strole oils were conventional, while today
the oils used are either synthetic or greatly improved, so that the
engine runs just as well with less oil. It's also obviously an issue
of trying to reduce emissions.

I doubt the engine under discussion is new, as I haven't seen anything
using that much oil in a long time. If it were old and mine, I'd
just go with something like 32:1, using current oil.