Posted to alt.home.repair
ru4linux2 ru4linux2 is offline

Default How much oil for 2-stroke blower?

On Jun 1, 7:13*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , " wrote:

I have a 'Weed Eater', GBI 30V blower.

The instruction on the machine says to use 8oz of oil to 1 galllon of
gas. ( which sounds like a LOT of oil to me )

That *does* seem like a lot -- that's a 16:1 dilution, which is pretty
unusual. Is that instruction on the body of the machine, or on the gas cap? If
it's on the gas cap, unless you bought the machine new, you should consider
the possibility that it has the wrong cap.

so I downloaded a .pdf
Users Manual, in order to double check that.

Unfortunately the manual did not contain that information.

Does the manual give a dilution ratio, something like 16:1, 24:1, 32:1, etc. ?

Can you tell me, please if that ' 8oz ' figure is correct?

Not enough information yet.

Thanks, the instruction is on the body of the machine.

I looked in the .pdf manual again ( http://www.odref.com/poulan/pdf/WEED...WERS/gb122.pdf
) but still saw no reference to fuel/oil ratio.

Lewis

*****